Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday, Noon to 4:00 pm
- Aid and assist the general public in genealogical and historical research with a focus on Jefferson County NY, and the adjacent counties of Lewis, St. Lawrence, Oswego, and the province of Ontario.
- Collect and preserve genealogical and historical information in any and all possible formats.
- Maintain a genealogy and local history collection.
The Genealogy Department staff conducts in house searches that are free, except for a $.20 per page copy fee and any postage fees. Requests can be sent by:
- Mail Us: Please send a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) and be as detailed as possible in your letter. Our address is: Genealogy Department, Flower Memorial Library, 229 Washington Street, Watertown, NY, 13601.
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, please be as detailed as possible and include an address for us to mail any copies, etc.
- Telephone Us: Our number is 315-785-7711, if you would like an answer to a brief question.